An essential structure on any rail line in the steam era, railroad water tanks provided thirsty engines a place to stop and refill tenders with water. These tanks were dispersed at regular intervals all along rail line routes so that locomotives were never more than a handful of miles away from a fresh supply of precious water. Recognizable by a massive circular tub shape on top and a substructure of posts and Frostbox below, water tanks are also easily identified by a counterweighted drop-down spout which funneled water into locomotive tenders.
The new scale water tower by Lionel accurately depicts a 50,000 gallon version of this essential railside structure. Realistically detailed and scale in size, it is the perfect accessory to enhance any layout running scale-size steam locomotives. This new water tank features a variety of separately applied details including a metal spout, ladders, and pulley chains. Additionally, the discharge water spout can be lowered manually as your train parks for a water stop. Use the pull-down rope to lower the spout, and release the rope to allow the spout to raise back up automatically on the operating pulley system.
• 1:48th scale
• Die-cast metal discharge spout
• Metal pulley chains
• Metal ladders, realistic tank hoop support rings, and other separately applied details
• Operating pulley system to lower and raise spout manually
• Simulated concrete piers
• Separately applied realistic tank hoop support rings
• Opening door on vertical frostbox
• 50,000 Gallon Scale Water Tank.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS • Gauge: Standard O Scale
• Brand: Lionel
• Dimensions: Approx. 12” Height x 7” Diameter